--===============0684256108== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=20cf30050d9091a2d504963613f7 --20cf30050d9091a2d504963613f7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Silv=C3=A8re LESTANG wrote: > Hey, > a lot of plugins and features (Build, Run, Debug, Test and Version Contro= l) > use the standardouputview for displaying what they need to display. But t= his > toolview is quite generic and doesn't correspond to the needs of most of > them, and thus make it difficult to users to understand the UI (the previ= ous > and next buttons doesn't always do something and the two buttons "Select > activated item" and "Focus when selecting item" are difficult to understa= nd > and irrelevant sometimes). > I try in the last few days to see if it was possible to improve the > standardouputview to full fit the needs of all plugins and features but I > arrived to the conclusion that it's useless as every plugins have a sligh= tly > different needs. > So I proposed to create a new toolview for each plugins or features which > need one, starting by the Build feature. > I think we need to keep the previous and next item, remove the "Select > activated item" and "Focus when selecting item" buttons and replace them = by > a warning and error buttons that we can toggle to display only warnings > and/or errors. I make a little mock up here: > http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/images/b/b8/Build_toolview.png > What do you think about that? > > Silv=C3=A8re > > > -- > KDevelop-devel mailing list > KDevelop-devel@kdevelop.org > https://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel > > Well, you don't want to create new toolviews for every plugin, we can provide actions from the plugins, though. Aleix --20cf30050d9091a2d504963613f7 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable