--===============0433586797== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=00221597575aadd32b049635f7f7 --00221597575aadd32b049635f7f7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey, a lot of plugins and features (Build, Run, Debug, Test and Version Control) use the standardouputview for displaying what they need to display. But thi= s toolview is quite generic and doesn't correspond to the needs of most of them, and thus make it difficult to users to understand the UI (the previou= s and next buttons doesn't always do something and the two buttons "Select activated item" and "Focus when selecting item" are difficult to understand and irrelevant sometimes). I try in the last few days to see if it was possible to improve the standardouputview to full fit the needs of all plugins and features but I arrived to the conclusion that it's useless as every plugins have a slightl= y different needs. So I proposed to create a new toolview for each plugins or features which need one, starting by the Build feature. I think we need to keep the previous and next item, remove the "Select activated item" and "Focus when selecting item" buttons and replace them by a warning and error buttons that we can toggle to display only warnings and/or errors. I make a little mock up here: http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/images/b/b8/Build_toolview.png What do you think about that? Silv=E8re --00221597575aadd32b049635f7f7 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey,

--00221597575aadd32b049635f7f7-- --===============0433586797== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline -- KDevelop-devel mailing list KDevelop-devel@kdevelop.org https://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel --===============0433586797==--