List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: About contextbuilder
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2010-03-08 13:52:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Victor Vicente de Carvalho, 08.03.2010:
> > You can either use your generic AST node, or if you only ever have one
> > node which specifies an identifier, you can make your builder more type
> > safe by using the type of that node which gives you the identifier.
>
> After reading the pages you sent me the things are getting more clear,
> thanks.  I'm trying to implement an language plugin for erlang, which is
> functional and dynamically typed. So in my case the contextbuilder will be
> just for my functions?

Use the context builder to mark ranges of code that make up a "context". I
don't know erlang, but if it is a functional language without any OOP features
than yes, only function probably have their own contexts (in addition to the
global TopDUContext making up a file).

> and about declaration builder? I can just give the
> "meaning" of my declaration or it is specting something more "real"?

I'm not sure about this one as I don't know Erlang, yet what I can tell from
my (very limited) experience with Haskell:

Use declarations for functions, their arguments and type definitions. You
probably don't have anything like "local variables" and the like, yet it's
useful to jump to arguments, typedefs etc. pp.

--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de