List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE/kdevplatform/veritas
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-07-17 11:02:19

On 17.07.08 12:05:20, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> On Thursday 17 July 2008 11:16:42 Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > The idea was to turn it off when doing a release build. Probably this can
> > > somehow be fixed automatically with cmake?
> >
> > Aah, right, totally forgot this. Unless I'm mistaken you only need this
> > when building the tests, right? Then you can just use the
> > KDE4_BUILD_TESTS cmake variable as a check, thats only set when one
> > builds the tests and thus you only export all symbols when test-building
> > is enabled.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> That's not a perfect solution. When the KDE4_BUILD_TESTS variable is off, cmake
> generates an extra make target 'buildtests'.

Ah, forgot about that.

> So invoking `make && make buildtests' will not compile. Proper
> solution is probably something with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.

No, proper solution is to include the .cpp files that you want to test
directly, or build another library thats not installed but just used for
the tests (which then uses default visibility).

Using the build-type is not the proper way of deciding wether tests
should be built or not.

Andreas

--
Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.