List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: Further (XML)GUI issues
From:       Alexander Dymo <dymo () ukrpost ! ua>
Date:       2008-05-01 10:44:42

On Thursday 01 May 2008 09:44:49 you wrote:
> It appears that the only solution is for plugin to provide as many
> xmlguiclients as necessary, on demand?
Yes, the question is only which API to provide. I'm thinking about something
like
1) void IPlugin::setUpGui(KParts::MainWindow *w)
where plugin would create guiclient, fill its action collection and use
w->guiFactory()->addClient(...)

2) KXMLGUIClient *IPlugin::createGuiClient()
where plugin would just create guiclient and return it and shell would use
this function on demand.

What I don't know is how to state the function contract (in the code) - that
XMLGUIClient has to be created each time we ask plugin about it. Second
function states the contract in the name so I like it better.

> > > 2. What code is responsible for saving the position of toolbars? For
> > > me, the size and position of both main and debugger toolbars appear to
> > > be changing randomly at times.
> >
> > KDevelop::MainWindow::loadSettings and ::saveSettings
> > They eventually call KMainWindow::applyMainWindowSettings /
> > saveMainWindowSettings. If something here doesn't work - that's because
> > kdelibs code is broken.
>
> Brave :-) No, it's was a sublime problem, which I've fixed now.
Where? :)