Hi! Il giorno 20/lug/07, alle ore 14:31, Kris Wong ha scritto: >> Yup, I'll be happy to do the merging work. :) /me 0wns svn. ;) >> - - -- >> Matt >> > > Have you guys tried this method before on this project? Speaking from not exactly but I remember that we developed KDevelop3 alpha 2 (or 3?!? whatever...) in separate branch and we managed to do it using CVS!! At that time KDevelop was using a modified version of KDevelop2 SourceInfo as code model. SourceInfo wasn't good enough for real time updating and it was crashing quite a bit, so we did KDevCodeModel, Catalog and the KDevelop 3 class browser in the make_it_cool branch (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=105958061606919&w=2). We ported all the other programming language plug-ins and I remember that Alexander implemented the resizable Combo Box (required for the new class browser in the make_it_cool branch). We merged make_it_cool in the main branch when make_it_cool was very *cool* ;-) New code model, new real time class browser with 3 different views, and a lot of other nice things :-). I also remember that the alpha (developed in make_it_cool) was a very successful release and we had many many developers using it. Hamish implemented fast editor support for KDevelop in a topic branch too (fast_editor_branch). We had a branch for KDevelop2 using Kate as editor in KDEVELOP_2_2_BRANCH. What I'm trying to say is: please don't use trunk for your experimental code, use a separate branch for that. We already did it and a lot of stuff we did in the make_it_cool branch is still used 4 years later in KDevelop 3.4. Writing from a *scratch* a new version of the qmake project manager in /trunk is ridiculous, if you ask me. You are lucky, SVN is (maybe?) better than CVS for branching/merging and Matt really wants to maintain /trunk, so you don't have to care about the boring part. Matt, how about you write a little proposal with a possible new KDevelop 4 commit/branch policy? then you can ask the active developers to vote it. I'm not active, so I won't vote :-) ciao robe _______________________________________________ KDevelop-devel mailing list KDevelop-devel@kdevelop.org https://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel