List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevplatform krazy
From:       Roberto Raggi <roberto () kdevelop ! org>
Date:       2007-07-19 13:13:18

Hi!

Il giorno 19/lug/07, alle ore 14:41, Kris Wong ha scritto:
> True, but that sort of thing is generally considered bad practice
> and I
> believe is undefined according to the c++ standard.  You are right,

trust me the evaluation of the assignment operator is very well
defined in the standard.

> though, it is generally common practice to return a reference to the
> item.

you should emulate the assignment operator for primitive types (like
char, int,..) by returing a reference. You can use void if you don't
care about the return type (for instance when you want to disable the
assignment operator).

ciao tobe