List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Structure of background parser and language support
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2007-07-11 16:35:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> You want a one to many relationship between a language and its
> parser(s)?  I can't see a benefit of trying to parse the same language
> in different ways.  Also, the platform does not currently support this.
> You can, however, have multiple languages loaded for the same file
> (i.e., HTML/PHP/CSS/JS).  Would this accomplish what it is you need to
> support?

My understanding is that one languagesupport can support more than one
mime-type. So what I want is that you are asking the languagesupport for a
parser for the file/mimetype so that the languagesupport can decide
internally which parser to choose. You would get back the parsejob and can do
what you want with it.

Jens