List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: platform name (again)
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-02-06 16:47:01

Alexander Dymo wrote:
> now that we've merged sublime integration branch back with reworked
> architecture, we can get back to this platform naming issue.
>
> It's become obvious that no current KDevelop developer has strong opinion
> on names, so let's just vote. No discussion, no new proposals ;)

I'm not going to vote (I don't think I count as a significant
contributor, anyway :-)), but I thought I'd post the totals so far, and
try to summarize...

1) Name for platform code namespace:
39	KDevelop
28	KDevPlatform
22	Koncrete
24	KDev (namespace name)
19	KDev (prefix for classes)
18	KDevSDK
16	KDevelopPlatform
6	Codex
5	Origin
7	KDevBase
6	KDevelopBase

...so KDevelop clearly leads by a healthy margin, with KDevPlatform and
KDev taking place and show. I'll also note that at least one person
voted '0' for every option that was presented, although KDevelop is the
only one with only one 0 vote (Andreas Pakulat). Everything else has at
least two 0 votes.

2) Name for the future module in trunk/KDE
46	kdevplatform
19	koncrete
17	kdevsdk
15	kdevelopplatform
15	kdeveloplib
6	codex
4	origin
10	kdevbase
13	kdevelopbase

I think kdevplatform clearly wins. It's minimum vote is a 3, everything
else got at least four 0 votes.

--
Matthew
HIPPOS feel unacknowledged. HIPPOS get angry.
 > PRAISE HIPPOS
HIPPOS seem somewhat placated.