List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    The name of this project is KDevelop
From:       Roberto Raggi <roberto () kdevelop ! org>
Date:       2007-01-21 16:31:46

Hi,

I just want to say a few things. First of all the name of this project
is KDevelop. The name of the KDevelop Platform is (by definition)
KDevelop Platform. I will be happy if in future we will have projects
based on our platform, like eclipse has a lot of projects based on the
eclipse Platform.

If you don't like the name KDevelop Platform for the KDevelop Platform
then we have a problem. It is sad but the problem has a very simple
solution. We fork it. The interesting part is that I'm forking it, so I
will probably have to use yet another name :-) We can say that the
KDevelop Platform(at least the name) is pretty much dead. Isn't it
funny?

I started KDevelop 4 (together with Harald) in Ukrain, and I was very
excited about it. I'm sorry I wasn't active in the last few months, but
a lot of code there is based on my original work. I love that code and
I love KDevelop. I don't want people to use different names (like
koncrete?) for the KDevelop Platform.

In a few weeks I will be an *active* Open Source developer (again).
It's just too bad I disagree to much with you guys :-) I will take a
look at Alexander branch in the next few weeks. I hope he (and the
other developers) will understand the value of the name KDevelop, but
if nothing will change (e.g. KDevelop public api using the Koncrete
namespace, or our library with 202 files, ...) then I will start the
fork. Feel free to send me an email if you are interested or if you
want to join this new(possible?) fork.

ciao robe