Andreas Pakulat wrote: > On 20.10.06 10:28:51, Matthew Woehlke wrote: >> Andreas Pakulat wrote: >>> On 17.10.06 18:05:23, Matthew Woehlke wrote: >>>> This also doesn't address that we've lost dynamic resizing of the >>>> docking windows, which IMO is a step backwards. >>> Could you elaborate (I never used kdevelop3.3 that much)? >> Sure. In ideal mode, resizing a docking pane is like resizing a window; >> as you resize it, it repaints itself. Simplified has that annoying 'drag >> this handle around and drop it somewhere, and then and ONLY then will we >> show you what happened'. That IMO is a step backward. > > I do agree that the repaint-while-dragging is nicer, but it's also > slower eventually and the reason simplified doesn't have this is because > simplified doesn't try too many tricks for the ideal mode. ...and that (along with Alexander's reply), I think, is getting to the heart of the problem. 'Simplified' is trading features I never use and don't care about for features I want, and that (for me, and for anyone in the same situation) is a horrible trade-off. And the direction here seems to be to take away the mode I like for a mode I don't, removing my option. (This is not directed at you, Andreas...) I *really* want to see 'simplified' address these issues. If it can get past the 'step backward' stage, I would be very supportive of it, but until then, I hope you all can understand why I'm sticking with kmdi ideal. -- Matthew When on POSIX, do as POSIX mandates. _______________________________________________ KDevelop-devel mailing list KDevelop-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de https://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel