On 20.10.06 10:28:51, Matthew Woehlke wrote: > Andreas Pakulat wrote: > > On 17.10.06 18:05:23, Matthew Woehlke wrote: > > That was just a guess, but it appears to be a problem on bluecurve, I've > > never seen it with any style I used... > > Do you have the 'bluecurve' style? No, else I would've said that ;) But I often try new styles that show up in Debian unstable and from time to time seek on the kde-sites for styles and try those out. > >> This also doesn't address that we've lost dynamic resizing of the > >> docking windows, which IMO is a step backwards. > > > > Could you elaborate (I never used kdevelop3.3 that much)? > > Sure. In ideal mode, resizing a docking pane is like resizing a window; > as you resize it, it repaints itself. Simplified has that annoying 'drag > this handle around and drop it somewhere, and then and ONLY then will we > show you what happened'. That IMO is a step backward. I do agree that the repaint-while-dragging is nicer, but it's also slower eventually and the reason simplified doesn't have this is because simplified doesn't try too many tricks for the ideal mode. > Not to mention that the resize handles are about twice as big as the > resizable borders in ideal (ok, so 8 pixels vs 4, but it still looks > worse). Aah, well I find the things in kmdi-ideal harder to get, i.e. I need to "focus" to find properly click-hold them. Anyway that's just me having bad eyes ;) > *I'm* not asking for kmdi to improve, I haven't noticed (i.e. 'have not > been negatively impacted by, enough to be noticeable) any problems with > it. :-) I have been, but it's some time ago and as I don't have any problems with simple-ideal I never switched back... I think the most annoying bug got fixed sometime, I don't remember which one that was - it had to do with kmdi interferring with kwin... Andreas -- You too can wear a nose mitten. _______________________________________________ KDevelop-devel mailing list KDevelop-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de https://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel