List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: A test session with the current kdevelop
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke () tibco ! com>
Date:       2006-10-17 23:05:23

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.10.06 16:24:38, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Tommaso Massimi wrote:
>>> But why the ideal mode's code has not been removed or
>>> the interface hidden?
>> BECAUSE SIMPLE IS BROKEN! At least, it plays poorly with the 'bluecurve'
>> style. :-)
>
> Hmm, nice shots, but this looks to be an issue with bluecurve. After all
> simple ideal uses other methods to create the tabs than ideal from kmdi
> and I guess bluecurve renders one different than the other. With
> lipstick I don't have so much space.

Well then this needs to be reassigned to whoever maintains bluecurve
(and someone does, it changed - and not IMO for the better - when I
finally moved to kde 3.5.5), and/or KDevelop needs to rethink how it
creates tabs.

This also doesn't address that we've lost dynamic resizing of the
docking windows, which IMO is a step backwards.

> Anyway, kmdi-support won't go in kdev3.4, it's just not the default
> anymore, which IMHO is good.

So what you are saying is I will be using 3.3.92 for a nice long time?
Or just that kmdi is not being improved?

--
Matthew
Don't use a hippo to... what was I saying?