List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: A test session with the current kdevelop
From:       "Tommaso Massimi" <tmassimi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-16 12:09:56

On 10/14/06, Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 00:53, Tommaso Massimi wrote:
>
> > 3) When in debug mode, I can only  see a few of the "icons/buttons" on
> > the bottom of the screen (I have only "Application diff Messages
> > Findinfile Replace konsole valgrind Security");
> > in the bottom-right of the screen I have the status bar.
> >
> > If I press one of these buttons, the line of icons move up of a few
> > pixel and a second line of icons appears, with the function
> > "breakpoint ctags problem frame stack disassemble gdb".
> >
> > I don't know if it is normal behavoiur or if it is related to my
> > strange display resolution (1200x800), but when debugging I'd like to
> > see the breakpoint, gdb and frame stack icons.
>
> I saw something like that too. Looks like KMDI bug :-(

well,
It's quite easy to reproduce this trouble,
resizing kdevelop (also without a project loaded)
you can see some icon disappears,
while the vertical icons haven't this trouble.

The same test applied to kate doesn't show any trouble,
so it should be in kdevelop source code
(or it's worked around in kate).

After a first look to the code I think the line of icons is implemented
in an class named tabbar, included in a library
(KMDI, as Vladimir said).

if nobody is already looking at it,
I'd like to fix this bug;
I don't know how long time this will require me,
but it's a good point to start from.
I hope this code will be not dropped soon...

Ciao
Tom