List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Code Snippets in KDevelop4
From:       Robert Gruber <rgruber () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-08-01 13:31:10

Hello,

is there any special commit policy for KDevelop4 in SVN-trunk? Or is it free
to commit?

The reason why I'm asking is, that I'm planning to do a complete rewrite of
the SnippetPart. The way I've implemented the SnippetPart for KDevelop-3.x
has many limitations. What I want to do is mainly inspired by MS Visual
Studio 2005 and also by the Bug 106165.

Some of the planned key features will be:
*) Several snippet repositories (Each repository in a directory)
*) Subdirectories in a repository can be used to group snippets
*) Each snippet gets stored in a separat plaintext file
*) Each snippet can have several meta information (author, language,
environment, ...)
*) Repositories can be defined either global or for each project
*) A SnippetStore holds all available snippets for the current project
*) The SnippetView displays the Snippets from the SnippetStore (can also be
filtered based on the meta-information)
*) new variable replacement code and dialog
*) Drag and drop support
*) XML-export of repositories for transfer between PCs (if no samba-mount is
available)

What do you think about it?
IMHO this is definitely a feature that an IDE like KDevelop must have.

Regards, Robert