On Tuesday 18 April 2006 17:58, David Nolden wrote: > I've just looked at kscope and it is only for C not for C++. > > I think the current navigation/autocompletion/refactoring can be made more > reliable without being completely replaced.. > > I'd propose this project: > - Make autocompletion work correctly with templates(especially > smart-pointers). > - Make calltips more useful by making them more reliable, and also parsing > and showing doxygen-style documentation together with the > calltips/autocompletion-list > - Add a "show all callers" feature for functions, and a "show all users" > feature for classes > - Move the calculation-part of code-completion into another thread so it > doesn't make the cursor unresponsive while working on a big project > > All this may be a bit much for a single project.. but I'd like to > participate myself trying to achieve it. :) > > David > > Am Dienstag, 18. April 2006 22:37 schrieb Alexander Neundorf: > > Hi, > > > > On Tuesday 18 April 2006 01:48, Matt Rogers wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > > > As you may have heard/read, Google will be doing Summer of Code again > > > for 2006. I'd like those of you interested to think of ideas for > > > projects that could be done for KDevelop trunk. Depending on the > > > project, some projects could also be for KDevelop 3.4 as well, although > > > I don't as of yet know when we'll do the final release for that. > > > > > > Initially, we'll have to track projects here on the mailing list, and > > > I'll hopefully be able to move them to a wiki page soon. > > > > Since I won't have time for mentoring and I am too little involved in > > kdevelop development, I post it here: > > > > Currently KDevelop doesn't have reliable C++ code > > navigation/autocompletion/refactoring support. > > > > We have our own C/C++ parser with r++ (AFAIK). There are also other > > options to implement this, each with different pros and cons. > > As there are: > > -cscope/kscope > > -ctags > > -gcc-xml > > > > Maybe these should be considered too ? > > From a quick view at the kscope screenshots this looks *very* promising. > > I know more or less nothing about ctags. gcc-xml is slow, but will > > consume everything gcc eats. > > Having good support for this kind of stuff is very important for the > > future of KDevelop. > > > > Bye > > Alex > Then start digging into KDevelop 4, where the new parser is supposed to be built with all these features in mind. -- Matt (also, please quit top-posting, it makes threads harder to read and follow) _______________________________________________ KDevelop-devel mailing list KDevelop-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel