List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: CMake as a build system for KDevelop4
From:       Alexander Dymo <dymo () mk ! ukrtelecom ! ua>
Date:       2006-03-20 19:12:53

On Monday 20 March 2006 20:35, Roland Krause wrote:
> Wasn't there at some point support for CMake in KDevelop? Is there
> still interest in CMake project support (as an alternative to qmake)?

First, we have KDevelop 3.3 which can probably be built with CMake (Alex
Neundoft put quite a lot of effort making it possible but honestly
I don't know the status of that effort).

Second, thanks to Alex again, we have CMake generating KDevelop project
files so CMake project could be loaded into KDevelop.

And finally, it looks like CMake is an official build system for KDE4 (we have
no formal decision atm, but you know, one who codes decides which is
the case with CMake). Therefore I'm working on 1) getting KDevelop4 to
build with CMake (mostly done) and 2) providing first-class support for
CMake with a build system support plugin (not even started).