List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: Change the License of the C++ parser
From:       Roberto Raggi <roberto () kdevelop ! org>
Date:       2005-11-17 15:28:38

Hi!

On Thursday 17 November 2005 14:56, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Is there any other KDE code under the BSD license? The KDE website states
> that
>
> all KDE code is GPL or LGPL:
> >From http://www.kde.org/whatiskde/project.php
>
> "Each and every line of KDE code is made available under the LGPL/GPL
> licenses."

I think we have some BSD-like code in KDE.. I don't want to use LGPL because
if you write a new tool (e.g. an xml-dumper) with the C++ parser you're
forced to link dynamically with it!! or you have to release the object files
or release your project as GPL/LGPL(??). It sound a bit stupid if you ask me.
The parser is designed to be *embedded* into applications(e.g. including
rxx.pri in your project). I don't care about the source of tools using the
parser :-)

I really would like to know what you guys think about it.. It's very
*important* for me, because then you have to release your changes to the C++
parser with the same license!!

ciao robe