List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: Too may ways to select files
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-09-06 14:07:37

Hello,

I aggree that there are too many file selection tools in KDevelop.

> - The "File list" probably is not needed at all, since "Window" menu
> provides access to all the files already.

I want to mention that it provides more than that. There is some kind of
status information via the icons, a context menu and you can define sets of
open files here which you can open and close very easily.
I just added this feature not so long ago. It is a port from Quanta and for us
Quanta developer it is important to have this feature somewhere in KDevelop.
I am open for discussions where a good place is but I am not very keen to
drop this again.

Jens