Hi! There is the old texthint interface, which I never implemented for kate though and, since it was very limited from the the begining on (I know, I've created the interface, but I'm not proud of it) What do users of such an interface really need ? eg for displaying values of variables in kdevelop. Which functions, slots or signals would a user really need ? I would appreciate if this mail starts a brainstorming thread on ktexteditor-devel Kind regards Joseph Wenninger _______________________________________________ KDevelop-devel mailing list KDevelop-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel