On Wednesday 13 July 2005 13:43, Sylvain Joyeux wrote: > Do you think it would be possible, though, to use gcc-xml (or whatever > "static" parser) to parse external dependencies and build persistent > datastores ? It would workaround the problems you have to parse C++ in > real-time (which is far from being simple) when advanced functionalities > are not needed. it's not about parsing. We already have it. It is about store symbols. Think about it. You have your C++ source file parsed.. and now? well now you have to store the result of the parser in a suitable form for code completion and class browsing(and quick lookup).. I hope you're not thinking to use XML for that. The first version of my parser was using XML as intermediate representation(3 years ago).. and was stupid and slow. So I wrote Catalog and CodeModel. What we should do is to improve Catalog and CodeModel and add things like templates, operators, local scope, etc. ciao robe _______________________________________________ KDevelop-devel mailing list KDevelop-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel