List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: New parser branch (Was: Dumping the source DOM?)
From:       Roberto Raggi <roberto () kdevelop ! org>
Date:       2005-07-12 16:42:05

On Thursday 30 June 2005 15:47, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> ghost@zigzag:~/build/kdevelop4-parser$ r++ lexer.cpp
> Segmentation fault
> ghost@zigzag:~/build/kdevelop4-parser$ r++ ast.cpp
> Segmentation fault
> ghost@zigzag:~/build/kdevelop4-parser$ r++ tokens.h
> Segmentation fault
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

strange! it seems to me you're using the wrong ``r++''(maybe the one
distribuited with kdevelo3!!?). Please, can you try with "./r++ -dump
file.cpp" (NOTE the ./ prefix)

anyway, gccxml is *NOT* a solution for KDevelop. We need to parse the
code(actually the *incorrect/unfinished* code) in realtime. r++ is good
enough for KDevelop. Actually it is pretty good. It can parse Qt, KDE and
most of boost.

ciao robe