List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: Dumping the source DOM?
From:       Vladimir Prus <ghost () cs ! msu ! su>
Date:       2005-06-30 9:40:30

Steven T. Hatton wrote:

>> You probably should use a tool such as gccxml. At least it's based on gcc
>> so might be more capable of parsing complex C++ code.
>>
>> On a related note, I'd really like it if KDevelop integrate with gcc's
>> parser, and don't crash when importing C++ Boost ;-)
>>
>> - Volodya
>
> Thanks!  That is certainly an impressive, if a bit incomplete, tool. If
> nothing else, it reminded of how truly crude the concept of a translation
> unit really is. :-)  I just happened to have #include <sstream> in the
> first
> file I ran it on.  Yuck!  In order for it to be useful for my purposes, I
> will have to figure out how to get it to restrict its output to the
> immediate
> source.  I believe you are thinking of the absolute other end of the same
> problem domain as I am.  If I understand, you are interested in the PCS
> for
> Boost.  No?

If "PCS" is "completion support" then yes.

Another thing I'm interested in is C++ refactoring, and the requires
information about variables and function *bodies* in general, that gccxml
does not provide.

It's somewhat depressing that there's no open-source C++ parser with a nice
interface that understand of all the language.

> I'm interested in the new method dialog and, etc.

Why does this require information about existing methods?

- Volodya