List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    DistpartPart Spec files for RPM
From:       Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula () mbnet ! fi>
Date:       2004-05-21 12:47:31

Hi!

It says "If you have any problem, please report", so I report:

It adds the following lines to the .spec file:
%{_bindir}/*
%{_libdir}/*.so.*
%{_datadir}/%{name}
%{_mandir}/man8/*

If the project doesn't have files matching all four lines, the build
will fail.
I had to comment them out.
I'm not expert in rpmbuilds, but aren't those lines not needed? I mean,
won't the rpmbuilder choose them automatically?

I had also problem that distpartpart didn't recognise my _specdir,
_buildir etc, unless I added them to my ~/.rpmmacros. The rpm command
did recognise the dirs without the lines at ~/.rpmmacros.

Sincerely,
Anssi Hannula
anssi.hannula@mbnet.fi