Hi everyone, I am new to this list and KDevelop in general. I would love to contribute one day but for now I am just using the latest KDevelop CVS and learning QT and the KDE API. I use Gentoo and have emerged the latest stable KDevelop3. I have also downloaded HEAD and used "./configure --prefix=" to install it to a different directory. Is it ok to use both the stable and unstable versions this way? The problem I have at the moment is that the HEAD version of KDevelop displays a top-level window with an empty client area. Then another window is opened which contains all the plugins and the client area. This window is called "mdi_cover_area". I have looked in the code to see if the problem is simple but at the moment the GUI framework is way too complex for me to understand! I have uploaded a screenshot to my website which you can see here: http://www.paul.drummond.dsl.pipex.com/snapshot1.png Should also point out that the stable version of KDevelop3.02 works fine. Cheers, Paul Drummond P.S: Sorry moderators, my initial post included the screenshot as an attachment which was obviously too large! Sorry! _______________________________________________ Kdevelop-devel mailing list Kdevelop-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/listinfo/kdevelop-devel