List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    MDI IDEAl - default start up behaviour
From:       Bernd Pol <bernd.pol () online ! de>
Date:       2003-10-14 0:57:15

Hi Falk,

I got the MDI IDEAl mode runinng. But I do not like the default start-up
behaviour. This is what I did:

- removed all kdev*rc from ~/.kde/share/config to get a true default behaviour
- started KDevelop in default Gideon IDEAl mode
  NOTE: KDevelop by default starts up with closed view windows,
        all tab bars are visible,
        workspace is empty otherwise
- changed to MDI IDEAl mode and closed KDevelop
- started KDevelop and maximized the window

Critics:
- KDevelop starts with Konsole output view activated,
- the Konsole window covers all of the workspace
- no other view is visible
- (This behaviour remains at further starts even if the Konsole window size
  was changed.)
- (The other MDI modes also start with a far too big Konsole window.)

Behaviour:
- gripping the top drag bar of the Konsole window and moving slightly
  (so as to get a mouse move signal) causes the drag bar to jump down about
  one inch, freeing the sight to the workspace top and the other views.

Wishes:
- The MDI Ideal mode should show a default layuot as Gideon IDEAl mode,
  esp. no Konsole selected by default (other MDI modes, too).
- The output view windows should by default start at their minimum sizes,
  when activated (as in Gideon IDEAl mode) to not cover up the workspace
  area too much.

Bernd