List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    XUL suppo rt in KDevelop
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-24 9:44:39

Ave,

yesterday George asked me to do a kaxul (in kdenonbeta) presentation
with him today. I figured that having the Mozilla XUL rendered with
native KDE/Qt widget is not impressive enough, so yesterday I checked
out the KDevelop for the first time ever (I'm a huge Emacs fan :) ).
And spent some time with it. The outcome: first C++ and XUL IDE ever
created. I'm attaching the tarball of the stuff needed to get a working
XUL dev. environment. The code completion is currently wrong, I'll fix
it later today, but it should show the top level tags as classes,
single tags as variable and soon the commands as methods. It depends on
KaXul with which you get thumbnail preview for the files you are
working on, the general (big) preview of the XUL interface you are
working on. I just wanted to know what's the opinion on that and
whether I should put it somewhere. I mean it might be way too big
advantage for the Mozilla project to get an actual modern IDE that can
be used for the whole Mozilla ;)
It is very freaky stuff and I acknowledge that. The bottom line is and I
think George and I proved it again this time, there's nothing that
impossible in KDE :)

Zack

--
God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.

["xulsupport.tar.bz2" (application/x-tbz)]