List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: New document switching mode (2)
From:       Jens Zurheide <jens.zurheide () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-02-03 6:48:41

>Hi,
>
>On Sunday 02 February 2003 23:36, Jens Zurheide wrote:
>> I have finished the implementation of the switching mode that allows
>> ordering the windows by the time they were last activated. It is either
>> possible to switch by opening order (the current default) or by last
>> viewed sort order. A user interface is available in the user interface
>> setup.
>
>sorry if this is naive, but what does your patch do what the history part
>isn't already doing?
Nothing and Everything ;) Ok, the truth is somewhere inbetween.  I assume
that the history part displays the recent file list. I have disabled tab
texts and I can't find where to enable them atm. The history part sorts the
file entries like my patch does: last viewed first. BTW: the .url() for the
document names should be changed to .prettyURL(); looks better for files of
the /usr/include/g++ directory.
Assigning a shortcut to Forward/Back shows that you can't change to the
third document in the list using this shortcut, because when you switch to
the second one the first will become the second that will be activated with
the next keypress. If you try my patch you will notice that only the
release of the modifier key will mark the window as activated/viewed.

Best regards,
Jens

PS: If my claims regarding the history part are not true then it might be
because I screwed my local copy with my modifications.