List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: The day of seperation is here
From:       jbb <jbb () kdevelop ! org>
Date:       2002-03-28 9:11:17

Again, this isn't the full story on what happened. At the time there was a lot
of upset people and bad words being thrown about and I think this was a major
cause for the so-called "failed" re-write.

I don't _totally_ buy into the "re-writes always fail theory" that keeps
getting aired here. Witness konqueror for a start. And yes I know you can
give counter examples as well, Lets not get into that :-))

The point here is that I believe there is _no_ need to fork kdevelop. It's
useful for both sets of people to work on the branches and discuss various
approaches to ide development.

Afterall how could you import gideon parts into kdevelop, if gideon didn't
exist.

We need peace and we need developers. Do want you must to further kdevelop.
I'll support whatever is decided with the occassional patches and
encouragement, as I can afford. With some luck I might not have a job soon
and can devote more time to coding.

I've said enough now on this. :-)

jbb

jbb wrote:
> but then adding that is easier than trying to do the above or
> trying to replace the kdevelop2 way of dealing with makefiles with one that
> actually understands makefiles.

That's exactly the point. The total rewrite failed, adding and partially
replacing keeps the usuability of KDevelop as the MDI-feature addon in
KDevelop-2.0 showed.

Ciao
F@lk