List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Ported Gideon core to KTextEditor interface
From:       Harald Fernengel <harry () kdevelop ! org>
Date:       2002-03-26 20:29:11

Hi,

okay, my third rewrite now works:

http://www.bnro.de/~harry/gideon/

as you can see I commented out quite a bit of code, but that's only a matter
of changing KEditor calls to KTextEditor calls and should be quite trivial.

What works: You can use any editor that implements the KTextEditor interface
(currently hard-coded to Kate :))

What doesn't work: Most of the parts, they have to be changed to KTextEditor
first and anything that includes more than opening, changing and closing a
file ;)

Consider this a proof of concept that KTextEditor actually works in Gideon
without too heavy code changes.

The road ahead: Finish this patch, change all the parts to KTextEditor
interface, finish the KTextEditor document/view manager.

Roland: If KDevelop 2.2 operates on KTextEditor, it would be very easy to use
Gideon parts also for KDevelop 2.2. Also, do you think we could use my
generic doc/view manager in both branches (if it gets a bit more mature...)?

Best regards,
Harry