List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: Development Under Kdevelep - newbie
From:       August =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=F6randl?= <august.hoerandl () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-03-13 19:55:51

Sameer Maggon wrote:
> =

> Hi,
>    Everybody
> =

> I am new to this list and to kdevelop also.. I've just seen it and neve=
> worked on it. I've got some project under linux and wanna use Kdevelop =
for
> that.

you choice is (one of) the best ides around

> Tha project is like -
> =

> I have to develop a server which is multithreaded (using pthreads) .. a=
nd
> has some GUI (say some combo boxes, some buttons and some forms..
> =

> Its basically a networking application and would listen to 2-3 ports.. =
and
> stuff like that...
> =

> I have used GTK+ library once but not an extensive usage.. and now i've=

> heard that Kdevelop is real good..

kdevelop can be used to develop with gtk but the qt/kde stuff is more
"natural" because that is used do write kdevelop itself
 =

> Can i use Kdevelop for my development.. coz i don't want that once i st=
art
> development under it.. i have to leave it in between..

no problem =

if you use qt and/or kde you have to check the licence: qt is not free
for non-free software, so maybe you have to buy a qt-licence
 =

> Please suggest me some good sites and books available for it.

http://www.kdevelop.org
http://developer.kde.org
http://www.andamooka.org/kde20devel/

hth