List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Xlib extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
From:       "Sonic & Knuckles" <celtic () ix ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-07-15 5:39:52

Hello everyone,

First of all, I am using  this mailing list as the KDevelop Phorum is not functioning \
for me (and for that matter neither was the online subscription for the mailing \
list).  If this message is an incorrect use of the mailing list please tell me and I \
will unsubscribe.

I have been using KDevelop for about a month now, I had some serious installation \
problems to begin with, but they were all eventually sorted out. But ever since I got \
KDevelop working I have been getting the following message:

Xlib extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

I get this message whenever I execute one of the "not-very-complex" programs that I \
have written. The programs all function correctly, but the message is starting to get \
more annoying than anything else. I have also noticed that I also get this error with \
Python programs created with a binding set called PyQt.

Does anyone know why I am getting the Xlib message and/or a way that I may be able to \
get rid of it?

Also I would like to know if any work is being done with KDevelop to allow for the \
creation of Python programs using PyQt/PyKDE. I think KDevelop is a great IDE, and \
that would make it just so much better.

If anyone can help here is a big THANKYOU in advance.

Thankyou and regards,
Sláinte (Irish for cheers).
Vaughan Egan   ---   celtic@ix.net.au