Do you know me ? --- Walid BACHA a écrit : > Hello Eric, > > I read your messag with great interest. In the next > weeks I have to implement a Database-Application for > my institute. We have about 50 Client-Computers wich > should get the data from a server. At the same time > some of the data should be available via Internet. > Is that possible with MySQL? If yes, do you have any > hints how can I do that. Could I install the MySQL > server programm on our central server? > > Thanks in advance. > > Walid > > Eric Sorensen schrieb: > > > Am Monday 07 May 2001 06:36 pm schrieben Sie: > > > I currently own a copy of Kylix and let me tell > you what it smokes anything > > > else on linux. I have tried everything else but > Kylix absolutley delivers > > > no questions asked. Rock solid and compiles in a > blink of a eye. I has very > > > good cross platform capabilities as long as you > write with cross platform > > > in mind. > > > > > > Cliff > > > > Are you programing database applications? Have you > tried the crossplatform > > capabilities? > > > > I have heard of some complaints regarding the IDE. > One is that the dropdown > > for code completion is not alphabetically listed > (leads to much confusion). > > Another is Pascal's lack of constructor / > destructor methods. Another is the > > inability to overload functions. Another is the > weak help system. And those > > are just the complaints that I remember off hand. > > > > The database connectivity is of special interest > to me. Any comments there. > > Does one need the server edition to effectively > programm MySql applications. > > The big question there is if the lack of Apachie > (and TCP/IP ??? ) support is > > an issue. If there is no TCP/IP and or Socket > support in the non-server > > version than one can safely say that Borland has > only one serious release of > > Klyx and all other distributions are a total joke. > Who can program today > > without TCP/IP ? Who has $2000 laying around - > extra ? > > > > Eric Sorensen > > > > - > > to unsubscribe from this list send an email to > kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following > body: > > unsubscribe »your-email-address« > > > - > to unsubscribe from this list send an email to > kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following > body: > unsubscribe »your-email-address« ___________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? -- Pour faire vos courses sur le Net, Yahoo! Shopping : http://fr.shopping.yahoo.com - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«