On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Hans J Micheelsen wrote: > Then I ran "make install" as root. But gideon was installed at > /usr/lib/kde2/bin and not in /usr/local/bin as promised in INSTALL. The INSTALL file is a generic one from automake. KDE adds some hacks such that applications get installed under the same directory as kdelibs by default. /usr/lib/kde2 looks a bit odd though... > When I ran /usr/lib/kde2/bin/gideon only a very minimalistic application > started. It was about 5x8 cm. I maximized it. But only two empty panel > showed. And most menus were empty - not greyed, but empty. In Project there > was only "open project". So I can't use Gideon at all. In order to find its resources, the application has to be started with KDEDIRS set correctly. I.e. in your case you probably have to set KDEDIRS=/usr/lib/kde2 if it's not set already. Furthermore, you may have to run kbuildsycoca so that parts get registered. Normally, this happens automatically. > I have seen your screenshots. They impress me a lot. Seems like we are going > to have a really high performance tool. I want to work with that. So I hope > you're not offended when I ask impatiently; "When can I have a working > gideon?" It would be good to have a list of essential things that are lacking. And I mean _essential_, not "my favourite feature". This would help a lot in getting priorities right. Bernd. - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«