Hi I have downloaded the Gideon source snapshot proposed at www.kde.org. Its called gideon-0.2.tar.gz. It unpacked and compiled without problems (tar, ./configure and make). Though it took long time - you have really produced some code I must admit. Then I ran "make install" as root. But gideon was installed at /usr/lib/kde2/bin and not in /usr/local/bin as promised in INSTALL. So I had to search a little. I guess its an allright idea to install KDE tools under /usr/lib/kde2, but I think there should at least be a link from /usr/local/bin. Or maybe PATH should be extended to point to it. When I ran /usr/lib/kde2/bin/gideon only a very minimalistic application started. It was about 5x8 cm. I maximized it. But only two empty panel showed. And most menus were empty - not greyed, but empty. In Project there was only "open project". So I can't use Gideon at all. I have seen your screenshots. They impress me a lot. Seems like we are going to have a really high performance tool. I want to work with that. So I hope you're not offended when I ask impatiently; "When can I have a working gideon?" My system is Mandrake 8.0 on KDE 2.1.2. Maybe thats the problem?!? Btw: Should I have sent this to a bug-mail-list or something? Hilsen Hans J Micheelsen - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«