On Saturday 09 June 2001 16:33, you wrote: > On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Eva Brucherseifer wrote: > > I want to compile gideon from CVS, but > > make -f Makefile.cvs > > failes: > > > > *** Building Makefile templates > > parts/javasupport/Makefile.am:9: variable `JVMLIBS' not defined > > > > What is that env variable? What do I have to set it for? Do I need to > > have a java SDK installed (even if I never want to code java)? > > No, you don't need an SDK. The Java support is only built when the > package is configured --with-javasupport. But even if it did depend > on Java, that should be something that configure complains about, > not already automake. automake doesn't care for your local installation, > it just processes Makefile.am's. The above error message looks like an > error in parts/javasupport/Makefile.am. > > Are you sure you have a freshly checked out copy of the newest HEAD > branch? This gives me no problems. I didn't update the admin-dir :-(( Now it works. Thank you, eva - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«