List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: more intuitive visual interface
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-08 12:29:23

> Catalin wrote:
>
> I work with some visual tools (like delphi, CBuilder) and it seems
> very easy to to put the controls on the forms just dragging them from
> the component tab.
> This feature it is something nice and makes developer work more easy
> (he don't have to see how to implement the controls, he just write the
> code for what to do that control).
> If it's possible to work on this thing it will be nice. I see an
> implementation of this feature on VDKBuilder and I hope it can be
> implement it here.
> Thank you very much.

This has to be done in designer, which is with Trolltech together with
Qt. But the Qt 3 version's designer will have a code editor to insert
the code for your slots which you currently have to do by inheriting and
reimplementing the virtual slots. Currently, the designer doesn't
compile for me on the qt 3 version I get by rsync, but I think there's
an easy way to click a control (which is a windows word actually
-aaaaahh !! :-) Should be called a "widget", not a control :-) and to
edit the according code for the connected slot (if there is any).

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org