Eric Sorensen wrote: > > Hello, > > My question is, can I use KDevelop to program proprietary software. Yes. > If it is > not impossible then what areas such as KDE Libraries, Automake, Autoconfig.. > would I have to refrain from using to keep from violating the GNU License? You can always use KDE, KDevelop, Automake&Co. for developing commercial software without restrictions. But you cannot build parts of code of KDE, KDevelop and other GPL-based in your commercial software. But your commercial software can use LGPL-licenced code (the KDE libraries (kdelibs)) as base libraries - means, your commercial application can link against libkdelibs.so. > My other option would be to Purchase Borlands Kylix. It would be interestig > being able to use the same source codes for a Windows application but the > staggering prices.... Kylix got a bad assessment in the famous German computer magazin 'ct. > I realy like KDevelops price !! I also want to start > programming for real in C/C++ (currently am stuck with VB). You could use the Custom or Terminal project type provided by KDevelop's project wizard. Ciao, F@lk _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«