List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Developing Proprietary Software with KDevelop
From:       Eric Sorensen <esorensen () arcormail ! de>
Date:       2001-05-06 16:54:31

Hello,

I've been following this list since Feb 2000 (and still have all the mails
since then ).  I am considering writing a proprietary program for resell
which will (ofcourse) run on Linux boxes and eventually even under Microsofts
Windows.  Now comes the time to choose the appropriate IDE.

My question is, can I use KDevelop to program proprietary software.  If it is
not impossible then what areas such as KDE Libraries, Automake, Autoconfig..
would I have to refrain from using to keep from violating the GNU License?  I
would of course be purchasing a developers license for Qt.

I could swear that this topic had been covered once a very long time ago and
the conclusion was that it wan NOT possible to use KDevelop to program
software for resell (just for the personal or in-company use).  I searched
all my EMails but couldn't find anything conclusive.

My other option would be to Purchase Borlands Kylix.  It would be interestig
being able to use the same source codes for a Windows application but the
staggering prices....  I realy like KDevelops price !!  I also want to start
programming for real in C/C++ (currently am stuck with VB).

I would appreciate hearing anyones ( preferably qualified ) opinion on this
subject.

					Eric Sorensen

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: