List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Developing Proprietary Software with KDevelop
From:       Eric Sorensen <esorensen () arcormail ! de>
Date:       2001-05-06 16:54:31

Hello,

I've been following this list since Feb 2000 (and still have all the mails
since then ).  I am considering writing a proprietary program for resell
which will (ofcourse) run on Linux boxes and eventually even under \
Microsofts  Windows.  Now comes the time to choose the appropriate IDE.

My question is, can I use KDevelop to program proprietary software.  If it \
is  not impossible then what areas such as KDE Libraries, Automake, \
Autoconfig..   would I have to refrain from using to keep from violating \
the GNU License?  I  would of course be purchasing a developers license for \
Qt.

I could swear that this topic had been covered once a very long time ago \
and  the conclusion was that it wan NOT possible to use KDevelop to program \
 software for resell (just for the personal or in-company use).  I searched \
 all my EMails but couldn't find anything conclusive.

My other option would be to Purchase Borlands Kylix.  It would be \
interestig  being able to use the same source codes for a Windows \
application but the  staggering prices....  I realy like KDevelops price !! \
I also want to start  programming for real in C/C++ (currently am stuck \
with VB).

I would appreciate hearing anyones ( preferably qualified ) opinion on this \
 subject.

					Eric Sorensen

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to \
kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe \
»your-email-address«