List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Total system crash during generating project file
From:       root <t.doolaard () hccnet ! nl>
Date:       2001-04-23 20:01:59

M.

I have a big problem when I use Kdevelop 1.4. I tried the very basic program
'Hello World'  form the 'absolute beginners guide'.  Everything works fine
until I press the "Create button". I can see the following messages:
Starting with installation
App [FirstHello] Type [kde2mini]
unpacking <template.tar.gz> in </root/firsthello>...
unpacking <admin.tar.gz> in </root/firsthello>...
changing files [kde2mini]...
after the last message the system hangs with a lot of harddisk activity.  I
wait for a long time but the system never stops with harddisk readings.
It's only possible to restart the system with a power shutdown.
I have installed Linux RedHat 7.1, Kernel 2.4.1, and KDE 2.1 on a pentium 800
MHz.
Any Idear? thanks a lot!
Don't hesitate to ask for more information

Greeting,
Tobie Doolaard
the Netherlands

-