List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: how to turn off -fno-exceptions in kdevelop
From:       Wayne Innes <wayne () idx ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-03-12 12:05:05

Hi,

I am getting severly pissed off that I can't turn of any compiler options. \
No  matter how I configure my project I always get this if I have turned
optimizations off

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.2.4/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include    -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall -pedantic \
                -W
-Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
-Wnon-virtual-dtor -fno-builtin  -Wall -O0 -c setthedate.cpp

When I do a distribution I get this

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.2.4/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include    -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall -pedantic \
                -W
-Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
-Wnon-virtual-dtor -fno-builtin  -c setthedate.cpp

From twenty years of using c compilers and C++ compilers in later years, I
know I need a lot of control over exactly what flags the compiler is going \
is  going to use. This is especially true of optimization, where you often \
dont  want it because of problems with the compiler when it starts \
optimizing. In  the case of my project it crashes in some places with 02. \
The project doesn't  need optimization, the difference between and \
optimization and no  optimizations will be miniscule.

It would be really, really nice if I could turn this crap off. We aren't
MORONS, sometimes programmers actually know what they want and don't have \
to  rely on IDE's etc deciding these sorts of things for us.

If I am missing the obvious please enlighten me.

PS apart from niggling problems like the above I am very impressed.

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to \
kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe \
»your-email-address«