On Friday 09 March 2001 15:52 you wrote: [...] > > > > The point is: if you set extra include/library diretories within the > > KDevelop dialogs, these settings are specific to your computer/system > > only. Now, if you make a distribution and give your project away to > > someone else who does not have the includes at the same location as you > > have, he could not compile your project at all. > > Hi Marcus, > > I have the same problem. If you have subfolders in your project (and this > is the usual case) all headers are spread over all folders. Do you really > think writing macros is the right way in this case? I don't agree. There > should be some way to have at lease project headers included by default. > > - Werner - Hi Werner, Of course you should _not_ write autoconf macros for project internal folders. This can be handled in the following way (assume we have a project called "foo" which has a subfolder named "bar" as my ascii-"art" shows): foo | `-foo | `-bar Add this line to the file foo/foo/Makefile.am : # set the include path found by configure INCLUDES= $(all_includes) -Ibar and this line to the file foo/foo/bar/Makefile.am # set the include path found by configure INCLUDES= $(all_includes) The compiler finds all includes now, both while using KDevelop and compiling a source distribution without KDevelop. Macros are only necessary when using external libraries which do not belong to your project, since these locations can not be known in advance - your own pathes are known in advance though ;-) I think the INCLUDES settings should be maintained automatically by KDevelop and not by hand of the programmer. Maybe if I have time to make a patch ... :) Bye, Marcus -- Marcus Gruendler eMail: runner@tamalin.de WWW : http://www.tamalin.de/runner/index.html - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«