List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: KDevelop 3.0
From:       Oliver Strutynski <olistrut () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-03-06 15:13:20

I tried to build and run the KDevelop3 code (using KDE 2.1 compiled from sources) \
several times during the last days (once using a recent snapshot, the other times \
updating from cvs) but always ran into the same problem: Compilation works fine but \
durings tartup KDevelop crashes with the following output:

kdevelop (core): KDevComponentManager::component not found:SourceInfo
kdevelop (core): KDevelopCore::constructor: classstore made
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KDevelop/Component
not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KDevelop/EditorManager \
not found kdevelop (core): KDevComponentManager:: Registering: KDevEditorManager
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = lt-kdevelop path = <unknown>

I tried to track this down and it seems to be the following call going wrong:

kdevelopcore.cpp:138: QObject *emObj = \
m_pKDevComponentManager->loadByQuery(m_pKDevelopGUI, \
QString::fromLatin1("KDevelop/EditorManager"), QString::null," KDevEditorManager");

Can anybody help me with this please?

Thanks, Oliver