hi, first you need to put htdig _and_ htsearch into your path. on my machine (suse 7.1) iirc htdig is located in /opt/www/htdig/bin, htsearch in /opt/www/cgi-bin, so look for a cgi-bin dir on your machine. then read the file README.htdig in the kdevelop directory, i think it was in the doc subdir -> you need to copy some configuration to your kdevelop dir. hope this helps _usul Sheldon Lee-Wen schrieb: > Hi, > > I have kdevelop 1.4 installed with KDE2.1 on a RH7 box. My problem is > that when I go to search the documentation it tells me that I need to have htsearch > or glimpse installed, but I have htdig installed. (Are they not part of the same > package.) All of the install is done by RPM, no source. > > Also, when I go to generate the documentation index, under options->kdevelop setup->documentation > create search database. I get the following usage in the messages window: > ht://dig Start Time: Mon Mar 5 12:12:51 2001 > htdig: Unable to find configuration file '-' > > htmerge: option requires an argument -- c > usage: htmerge [-v][-d][-w][-c configfile][-m merge_configfile] > This program is part of ht://Dig 3.2.0b2 > > Options: > -v Verbose mode. This increases the verbosity of the > program. Using more than 2 is probably only useful > for debugging purposes. The default verbose mode > gives a progress on what it is doing and where it is. > > -d Do NOT merge the document database. > > -w Do NOT merge the word database. > > -m merge_configfile > Merge the databases specified into the databases specified > by -c or the default. > > -c configfile > Use the specified configuration file instead on the > default. > > -a Use alternate work files. > Tells htmerge to append .work to database files causing > a second copy of the database to be built. This allows > original files to be used by htsearch during the indexing > run. > > *** success *** > > How do I resolve this? > > Then I need to get the manpages and docs for glibc online :) > > Thank you in advance. > > Sheldon > > - > to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: > unsubscribe »your-email-address« - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«