List:       kdevelop
Subject:    KDevelop 3.0
From:       Omid Givi <omid () givi ! nl>
Date:       2001-03-05 13:31:07

Hi All!

As you may know, there has been some shifts of plans regarding next
versions of KDevelop. The multi-project version (hopefully multi-language,
if we get enough help) which is based on a general framework with the
possibilities of plug-ins, is called now KDevelop 3.0!

We're working hard on that, but there are lots of work to do. First beta
version of KDevelop 3.0 will be out this year, hopefully not very late. To
fasten that , we need some help. Yes! you can help.  KDevelop is not our
property, it for us all. So feel free to help, on your own way, as much as
you may like.

How to help
-----------
What can you do, you may ask. Some had already proposed some help, but
never started because the didn'nt know what to do.

There is a todo list, the file TODO in the main directory. We'll try to
keep that updated to the last versions of jons to be done. Please take a
look at the TODO file. Perhaps there is something you can do. You can also
look for bugs and fix them or just report. You can implement new idea's.
You can provide translations. You can add comments and documentations. If
you create something, made some pics, provide a patch, etc., you can
upload it into our anonymous ftp site or commit it yourself.  (for upload
informations please visit:
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=upload.html).  And please
don't fprget to inform us per email.

Information
your question.

Where to begin
--------------
You need the latest version. You can get it in three ways:
1. Downloading the snapshots: take care you get the right
   version (3.0). Take a look at our download page at www.kdevelop.org
2. Annonymous cvs: you can reach the cvs repository anonymously via the
   utility called cvsup. Take a look at: http://www.kde.org/anoncvs.html
   to get to know how it works, and how you can download and compiler the
   files. To get KDevelop 3.0 source you need to fetcht the HEAD branch.
3. CVS: if you are really an intensive developer who adds code coninuously,
   you can get cvs access to the source. In that case you've gotta reach
   the HEAD branch too.

No matter which way, files are all the same. When you got the sources,
take a look at TODO, perhaps you can do something out of that. Take a look
at README.devel for additional info. Don't hesitate to ask if you need
more info.

Hopefully we'll make KDevelop 3.0 rule, as current versions already do! ;-)

Regards,
OmiD

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: