List:       kdevelop
Subject:    KDEStudio code completion (was Re: KDevelop Roadmap 2001)
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-03-02 10:59:58

On Friday 02 March 2001 11:44, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> -code completion (maybe) if the code of KDEStudio can fit into KDevelop.

I don't mean to sound rude but unless the KDEStudio has completely changed
the way it performs code completion since last time I tried it (the 1.0
release), I don't think you want to reuse that.

KDEStudio achieves code completion by running g++ and parsing the error
messages. While this is a very neat hack, in practice it's totally unsuable.

I strongly doubt there is a way to get code completion working in a useable
way without having the editor "understand" the code at the syntactical level
(and yes, that's a major development).

--
						Guillaume
						http://www.telegraph-road.org