List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Strange repositioning in kdevelop 1.4
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-03-02 7:04:34

On Thursday 01 March 2001 08:30 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In ckdevelop_noslot.cpp:1111 there is a showMaximised(); call
> Can you comment this line out and see it that fixes the problems.
>
> Which tag/branch did you get your source from?
EVERY fscking branch there is )
Now on startup w/o the line above commented out the app starts up
offsetted if I comment out the line the app starts up correctly positioned
BUT pressing the debug button on a loaded project and it jumps to
171,128 instead of staying where it should be.
If I minimize the application then maximize it; it does NOT maximize correctly
i.e it is exactly the same as before
so I am under the impression that it is not a kdevelop problem but either
a KMainWindow or a KWin problem.

In further debugging KDockManager::writeConfig
where the rc file Main:Geometry entry is being written
uses main->frameGeometry() and main->size() as entries
to make a QRect which IMHO is wrong. See the QT documentation on
Windows geometry for more details; looking at code I find that the
window is hidden then the geometry is computed which according to QT docs
should be done some other way.

I also thought that as I was using a KDevelop 2.0 project file that could
have some effect on confusion of where to look for information i.e I have
a kdevelop 1.4 project file opened and I open a kdevelop 2.0 project file does
kdevelop get confused as to where it writes information? (it shouldn't but
I'm at a loss as to why this behaviour is happening.) I can only consistantly
reproduce this behaviour using KDevelop 1.4 while running/debugging the HEAD
tag of KDevelop 2 or whatever we are calling it. While if I use a kdevelop
1.4 generated project file (.kdevprj) of my own sometimes it works correctly
and other times I get the repositioning at a different time.... if all files
are up to date and run doesn't have to re-make files it works correctly but
if run has to remake files after make is done and the program starts to run
it exihibits the "jumping" behaviour.

Any other ideas from anyone as to what the cause is I am open for suggestions
as to how to find out where and why.

If I am wrong in my assumption I am sure someone will let me know. )

--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world

-