List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: help..OpenGL ..configure error..
From:       "W. Tasin" <tasin () e-technik ! fh-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2000-06-08 7:51:00

Robert Wheat wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Jun 2000, you wrote:
>
> >       but when OpenGL -KDE project is selected...its throwing error...
> > ./configure error...Qt-OpenGL libraries not found..please check your
> > iinstallation.
> >
> >       can you suggest me the way to over come this problem..and
> > where the problem lies...
>
> Unfortunately, I have not upgraded to KDevelop 1.2 yet.  I am still using
> KDevelop 1.1, so, I cannot look in the configure script file to see what lib
> files are being searched for.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that in Mesa 3.2, the libraries were no
> longer named libMesaGL.so, and libMesaGLU.so.  They are now named
> libGL.so, and libGLU.so.  I believe that the configure script is looking for
> the libMesaGL files.  (I'm saying this without actually having seen the script)

Hi,

I considered this in qgl.m4... it should work also with GL and GLU ....

> Based on this, I can only suggest creating symbolic links to the libs.
> In a console window, change to the directory where the OpenGL libraries
> reside.  For me that is "/usr/local/lib".  Then create a symbolic link for the
> GL lib "ln -s libGL.so libMesaGL.so"
> and one for the GLU lib "ln -s libGLU.so libMesaGLU.so".

not necessary AFAICS...

> Also, make sure that the library 'libqgl.a" exists in the qt/lib directory.

I think thatīs the problem for 80% of the people, since they installed a
QT-binary-rpm and these are normally compiled without the QT-OpenGL
extension.

(often also w/o gif support - which means that some picture-stuff in the
qt-online documentation is also missing).

> Let me know if this helps.
>
> Bob
> belran@worldnet.att.net

Ciao