List:       kdevelop
Subject:    general project support?
From:       Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin () hermes ! usherb ! ca>
Date:       2000-05-04 3:47:46

Hi,

Is anyone working on implementing something that would allow kdevelop to work
with "general projects". I already have a project which includes several
libraries and executables and I already have all the autoconf/automake files. I
would like to use kdevelop just to edit my .cc and .h (and commit the modifs in
CVS) files in a more convenient way that xemacs. However, the last time I tried
(with 1.0, but I don't think it changed), I spent an hour playing with config
files, without any success.

The idea to have pre-build application types is nice, but it doesn't fit al the
needs. They impose too much restrictions on projects. I would like to use
kdevelop as (much) enhanced xemacs, but I can't. To give you an idea of what I'm
talking about, my project (http://freespeech.on.openprojects.net/overflow.html)
has 8 contains code in 10 directories, with 8 different configure.in, builds 6
shared librairies (I need libtool) and 3 executables. I also use some uncommon
libraries (FFTW, gtkglarea).

Can anyone help me use kdevelop?

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique